Over on that other blog I’m a part of, I was tagged in a post to write seven random things about myself, things a lot of people probably don’t know. And I figured it would be fun to do over here as well, so here we go!
1. I’m kind of obsessed with Brian Williams. Yes, the NBC Nightly News anchor. Ask my husband, he’ll tell you it’s borderline unhealthy.
2. I was diagnosed with severe osteoporosis at the tender age of 24. I’ve been on all kinds of medication since then to try to reverse it, with some luck.
3. I wrote my first full book when I was 6, illustrations and all. It was called “The Hungry, Hungry Hippos,” and I wrote it long before I knew anything of intellectual property rights. I’m surprised Hasbro didn’t slap me with a cease and desist letter.
4. I’ve moved a lot in my life. And I mean, A LOT. At last count, I was up to 24 moves. Or maybe it’s 26. It’s getting kind of hard to keep track.
5. When I was pregnant, I developed a ridiculous hypersensitivity toward animals. Ask my husband about that time a Mad Men episode left me curled up on the floor in a fetal position bawling my eyes out over a dog. The sensitivity didn’t fade after I had my daughter, so I’m pretty close to a vegetarian these days. Well, a pescatarian I guess because I’ll still eat fish. So, please, no one tell me horror stories about how fish feel pain because I don’t want to know.
6. I’m mildly obsessed with flossing my teeth. I go through floss picks like they’re chocolate covered pretzels. Mmmmm, chocolate covered pretzels.
7. When I was 14, I nearly went blind in my left eye after I took a soccer ball straight to the face during a game, which popped just about every blood vessel in my eye. It wound up healing, but my vision in that eye is terrible, and I’m left with a red line that runs across the center of the white part of my eye. Some days it’s really noticeable, and some days it’s pretty faint. Wouldn’t you know it, I woke up the day I got married to a huge red dot on my eye, so all of my wedding pictures look like this:
Blogger makes pictures tiny, so you might be thinking that it doesn’t look that bad or that noticeable. But trust me, check out the high res image and BAM! RED ALL UP IN YOUR BIDNESS.
I’m now supposed to tag seven more people, who are supposed to tag another seven people, and so on and so forth until every man, woman and child in the United States–nay, the WORLD– has shared seven secrets. I’m not going to do that because this tagging business always strikes me as a weird kind of popularity contest, and that’s not what this I’m about. Therefore, I tag everyone who wants to play along.
Hey you! Yeah you. Tag! You’re it.