Grammar is “important”

It’s bad enough when I pick up my dog from the groomer to find he’s wearing a bandana that says “Peju” on it, but I really do expect more from the pharmacy where I fill my family’s prescriptions.

Three explanations.

1. Someone clued Walgreens into the fact that we’re actually in the witness protection program and that my daughter’s real name is Elizabeth. DAMMIT. Now we have to move again.
  2. Walgreens either thinks this cough syrup is for me or that’s it for no one and the only reason I filled it was so I could finally start running that meth lab out of my garage.
  3. Someone at the pharmacy counter got a C- in high school English.

Probably 1, right?

Posted in Miscellany Tagged

I don’t know, “Meredith”. I think you’re being to hard on the “people” at “Walgreens”. (Read: I know your name isn’t really Meredith, and I know that cyborgs actually work at that pharmacy that’s really just an old Eckerds who refused to die and now pretends to be a Walgreens.)

This made me LOL.

LOLOL! Ah, Eckerds. I miss Eckerds. The funny (ok, not really all that funny) part in all of this is that I strongly dislike Walgreens to begin with. I just go there because it’s about a quarter mile closer to my house than CVS. Yep. Typing that out makes me sound even lazier than I sounded in my head.

Also I “meant” to use that *to* instead of *too*. I did “not” get a C- in high school English.

I had to read your first comment four times before I even noticed it, so what does that say about me? And you definitely don’t strike me as a C- in any subject kind of girl. 😉

Both you and Susan just made me choke on my coffee laughing. Thanks for that. 😉

4. I think the lesson hear is obvious. Don’t do stuff like that to a writer, she’ll come up with all sorts of fun explanations. 😀

5. Colin says:

Hopefully they did better in school at pharmacology than they did at grammar… :)

6. I feel your pain Meredith. I was browsing a website for The Farmer’s Cow to try to find out if their dairy was actually sustainable or just “greenwashing” their products (how sad is my life?).

They have a paragraph about how you, the consumer, might be interested in The Farmer’s Cow because you’re a locovore.

I am trying to be a locavore (someone who eats locally) not a locovore, who I can only assume is someone who eats crazy.

I was not convinced.

7. Oh, boy. Really… why the quotation marks?! My dogs’ vet does this on their paperwork as well. “Lucy” and “Daisy” do not appreciate it. :)

8. Jessie Harrell says:

That always cracks me up too. Give “Morgan” 2 teaspoons… WTH? That’s actually her name.

Oh man, so you’re telling me this isn’t specific to my pharmacy? That it happens across the board as part of some big pharmaceutical grammar incorrectness conspiracy? Perhaps this goes deeper than we can ever imagine!