In 2012, I resolve to …
1. Stop relying on the same physical reactions over and over (and over again). My characters are forever glaring at each other or popping a hand on a hip or wringing their hands in frustration. It’s starting to get old.
2. Continue working on characterization. I’m a plot kind of girl. Plotting has always come pretty easy for me. But crafting believable characters? SO EFFING DIFFICULT. It’s one of those things that I’m going to have to keep working on, and eventually it will get easier (at least that’s what I’m telling myself).
3. Be more consistent with blogging. I’m never going to be an every-day-of-the-week blogger. Ever. I’m so envious of those of you who come up with brilliant material day after day, while I can barely type in the correct WordPress admin password on the first try. I’m aiming to post twice a week, but we shall see.
4. Write down every book I read this year. Yep, that’s it. Not to read 100 books or even 50, but only to keep track of the books I do read. You think this would be an easy task, but nope. It gets me every year.
5. Take bigger chances. Push myself outside of my comfort zone. Write about a subject that scares me. Grow.
What about you? What are your writing resolutions for this year?