That time I got a book deal

So … yeah. No need to beat around the bush. I have a book deal! Here, I’ll let Publisher’s Weekly tell you all about it.

(And a HUGE thanks to Pam for forwarding me the announcement because I would have missed it)!

I’ve known about this since July, which accounts for most of the radio silence on this blog lately. You know when you have something you want to talk about SO BADLY but can’t, so you just kind of don’t say anything … ever? Yeah. That. But I can finally say that I’m so happy to be working with Marilyn and the entire Amazon team. Their enthusiasm and support for my book has been overwhelming!

Yay! Exclamation points!!

Posted in Industry, Me, Writing Tagged , ,

1. So happy for you, Meredith! CONGRATULATIONS!

2. Congratulations! So exciting! And I understand about the radio silence. 🙂

Thanks! And yep, every time I sat down to do a blog post, it was like my brain could think about one thing and one thing only. I get easily distracted. 😉

3. CM Keller says:

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news.

Ha, I *knew* something was up when you mentioned on Twitter about getting your headshot. 🙂

So proud of you! Congrats!

5. Susan F says:

Haha I was wondering about the lack of excessive flailing, that makes perfect sense if you’ve known about it for so long. Congratulations!!!! 😀

Oh trust me, there was LOTS of excessive flailing when I first got word. Lots of incoherent phone calls and tears all around. 😉 Thanks for the well wishes!

6. Sooz says:

DUDE!!!!! I AM SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! You know how thrilled I am, but seriously, there just aren’t enough words to express how happy I am. You and Iris deserve this so very much, and I am couldn’t be happier that the rest of the world can now see what an amazing, talented writer you are. I ADORED this book, and I know everyone else will too.

AAAAH. I am so happy. Lots of love to you, Mer!! <3 <3 <3 <3

7. Amie Kaufman says:

Oh Meredith! I’m RAPT for you! Can’t wait to read, and congrats, congrats, congrats!

8. Sophia Richardson says:

Ahh, that’s amazing, Meredith; congratulations!

9. Pingback: My Favorite Books on Writing

10. ZOMG Meredith! Huge, huge HOORAYS from Connecticut. How fantastic for you and AMAZING– it sounds like an incredible book. What a great year for you!!!!!! I cannot wait to check out your book. :0)

11. Congratulations!! I’m so very happy for you!!

12. Congratulations!! What awesome news–it must feel great to finally be able to share it!! Very happy for you 🙂

13. Ahhhh!!!! I’m behind on blog reading so I just read this and I’m SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! Yay! 😀

14. Pingback: Congratulations Are In Order | H. D. Dodson

15. I first discovered your blog right after your obtained your agent and I am so thrilled to now be reading that you have sold your book! Sorry I didn’t read this until now, been a bit behind on blogging, but now I’m so happy!